Sunday, March 16, 2008

As always no complaints, or at least none too serious.

Time flies when you’re having fun. That’s how the expression goes, and I would argue with anyone who says that it is not true. I have about five weeks left for student teaching and then another four for travel. I do not know where the time has gone; out the window I do suppose.

Guests, guests, and more guests:

I am not sure that I have any earth shattering news, I should be doing school work right now, but like Adam I am a seasoned procrastinator. I have really not been doing much of anything except for school, running, eating, and sleeping. We do have guests staying with us this week as Anna (the new French resident) has invited her boyfriend to stay for a bit and massive group (11 people) has come from Reading (England) to visit Caty and Mauro. 6 of the Readingers are staying with us as we have the largest flat here in Thessaloniki. So, for those of you having issues with the math, there are currently 13 people in our five bedroom flat. Luckily everyone is super cool and I am making contacts in Italy and adding to those I have in Spain and France

Random school stuff:

School continues to keep me very busy and has made me the loser (I know I already was one) who stays home and works instead of going out and having fun, I catch a lot of flak for it from the flat mates. I have quickly grown to hate grading and will hire someone to grade for me as soon as I have my own classroom. Soula comes for her second observation on Wednesday so I have to gear up for that excitement and I am still waiting to hear about a possible job placement at Pinewood.

My only complaints:

I have not read a book with a reading level above the 9th grade in weeks, other than the blog I have trouble finding time to write, and I have yet to climb. These are my only complaints and the only one that really worries me is the lack of climbing. I can run forever up hill, but I am not sure that I could hang on to a crimp for more than a few second; Adam will be disappointed in me. I would like to be able to climb in May when I am traveling but I do not think that anyone in Europe climbs below a 5.13 anymore and I will not be able to climb 5.10 so it should be a trick to find a climbing partner.

Fortunately, these are my only complaints and in the grand scheme of things it could be worse. As I have said before I really love it here and I cannot wait to start traveling to see what it is really all about. I hope that all of you are doing well and I apologize for the randomness of my post.

No comments: